Effective: May 24, 2018
Information We Collect And Receive
Quicksilver does not, in general, collect or retain any information related to our Customers or to visitors to the Web Site. In particular, we do not require users to provide us with contact information such as email addresses or phone numbers and do not maintain user accounts on our systems.
However, we may obtain and retain certain information that is necessary for the operation of the Web Site, such as access logs and error logs, but only for amounts of time required to ensure the proper and efficient operation of the Web Site. Such information is regularly purged as a part of the normal operation of the Web Site.
Quicksilver may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (“Other Information”) in a variety of ways:
- Customer Data. Customers may submit email addresses via contact form on the site to request information about the company or its products.
- Other Information. Quicksilver also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
- Usage Information.
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Web Site and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Web Site, browser type and settings, the date and time any such services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Device information. Quicksilver may collect information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Location information. We do not collect location information from you.
- Contact Information. In accordance with the consent process provided by your device, any contact information that a Customer chooses to provide may be retained in order to allow us to provide requested information.
- Additional Information Provided to Quicksilver. We receive Other Information when submitted to our Websites or if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with Quicksilver.
- Usage Information.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, “Information”). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information is not provided, we may be unable to provide the full range of services available through our Web Site.
How We Use Information
Customer Data will be used by Quicksilver in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. Quicksilver is a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the controller.
Quicksilver uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. More specifically, Quicksilver uses Other Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Web Site and business. This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at a Customer’s request.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our offerings, and important Web Site-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Web Site and you may not opt out of them.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
How We Share And Disclose Information
This section describes how Quicksilver may share and disclose Information. Customers determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of Information, and Quicksilver does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
- Customer’s Instructions. Quicksilver will solely share and disclose Customer Data in accordance with a Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Web Site functionality, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- Customer Access. Administrators may be able to access, modify or restrict access to Other Information. This may include, for example, exporting logs of Web Site activity or emails sent.
- Corporate Affiliates. Quicksilver may share Other Information with its corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries.
- During a Change to Quicksilver’s Business. If Quicksilver engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Quicksilver’s assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence), some or all Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified Other Information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as measuring time spent on our Web Site.
- To Comply with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Quicksilver or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- With Consent. Quicksilver may share Other Information with third parties when we have consent to do so.
Quicksilver takes security of data very seriously. Quicksilver works hard to protect Other Information you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Other Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, Quicksilver cannot guarantee that Information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, Quicksilver does not allow use of our Services and Websites by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will takes steps to delete such information.
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Identifying The Data Controller And Processor
Data protection law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the “controller” and “processor” of information. In general, the Customer is the controller of Customer Data. In general, Quicksilver is the processor of Customer Data and the controller of Other Information.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You can do this by contacting us via email at email@example.com.
To the extent that Quicksilver’s processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, Quicksilver relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. Quicksilver may also process Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes and you have a right to object to Quicksilver’s use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time.
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to (i) restrict Quicksilver’s use of Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or directly with Quicksilver at firstname.lastname@example.org.